Why settle for one when you can make the most of two styles? Braided Ponytails are trending as both a stylish statement and something to keep hair away from the face. Whether you want something prim and proper or pretty and romantic, there’s a braided ponytail hairstyles for everyone.
The Best Styles for Braided Ponytails
1. Cute Dual
Gather your three-strand braids in the middle and tie-up in a low ponytail.
2. Front Braided Fishtail
One-sided fishtail becomes more natural to finish with a high ponytail.
3. Romantic Style
Gather your hair in a loose fishtail-slash-ponytail before letting everything hang loose. Pull a few strands free to complete the relaxed and romantic image.
4. Pretty Double Ponytail
Bare it all in a single fishtail braid before gathering the rest of your hair in a high knot. Twist first before securing hair.
5. Pretty Side Braided Pony Tail
Something extraordinary and lovely. Braid the sides and gather all the hair at the back of the head.
6. Back Braided Blond Hair
Make a very loose French braid to add volume and let it taper off at the ends.
7. Side Braided with Angled Pony Tail
Notch up the cool factor for traditional side braids by twisting all the hair in a loose knot. Loosen a strand or two to frame your face.
8. Extreme Braids with High Pony Tail
Give black hair a much-needed rest without the runaway curls by braiding hair in tight 3-strand braids before gathering in a top bun and THEN finishing off in an elegant fishtail. A beautiful style perfect for the queen in you.
9. Messy and Loose Fishtail for Dark Ash Blonde Hair
Relax and take it easy with this pain-free style.
10. Traditional Ultra-Long Dutch Braided Auburn Hair
Channel the medieval maiden in you to do and enjoy the Dutch braid.
11. Casual Loose Braid for a Low Ponytail
Another easy-to-do braiding for sleepon weekends.
12. Playful Red Balayage
Mix and match with tied-up hair braided together. A bit more complicated but the pulled-through braid is very fashionable. Trendy pinks and reds make a beautiful balayage that complements the style.
13. Sleek Chic in Pulled-Back Braided
Elegant and simple. Sleeked back hair becomes something more with a high twisted single braid.
14.Pretty Side Braided Pony Tail
Start from a middle part and braid two strands together in one side. Gather, twist, and secure.
15. Big Braided Blonde Hair Style
Something you can do on the run, or when casual Fridays mean letting everything hang loose. You get comfort without losing the style.
16. Cute Braided Pigtails with a Low Ponytail
Enjoy summers and Fourth of July picnics with this effortless style.
17. One-sided Waterfall Braids
Get your waterfall braids in a row and then just let your hair hang loose.
18. Auburn Hair braided with Hair Tied as Pony Tail
Dual-sided Dutch braids are tied together at the nape.
19. Playful Dual-Sided Braids
Do you want your pigtails and your braids all at once? Mission accomplished.
20. Criss Cross Mini Dutch Braids and Ponytail
Get another set of hands for this pretty and cute style.
21. Side Lace Braids Perfect for a Romantic Wedding
Perfect for a romantic date or wedding, the side lace braids are so beautiful.
22. Silver Highlights with Braids
If you need to pump up silver highlights, braid them and tie them.
23. Loose One-Sided Ponytail
Something easy-to-do just before you hit Sunday brunch with friends.
24. Casual Side Fishtail Braids
Something you can do before watching the summer games.
25. Sexy Angled Fishtail Braid on Icy Blonde Hair
Something sexy but casual that you can wear for a romantic lunch or a hot dinner date.
26. Romantic Messy Auburn with Side and Single Braid
A perfect style for romantic garden weddings.
27. Cute Fish Tail Braided Ponytail With Weave
An ideal style if you want to keep the hair away from your face. Cheer on!
28. Chic Big Curls Braided and Twisted Ponytail
Beautiful big curls and big braids are pulled tight together in dual ponytail twists before letting them hang loosely from a low-in-the-back ponytail.
29. Pretty Side Braids
Casual Fridays made easy.
30. Eye-catching White and Gray Single Lattice Braid
A beautiful and elegant style.
31.Two-Toned Blonde Dual Milkmaid Braids
Something loose and fancy-free if you want the milkmaid aura.
32. Contemporary Front-Braided Waterfall and Knotted Style
A chic style that works best for medium-length and fine hair.
33. Cute and Sweet Four-Strand Braids with Ribbon
If you don’t want a lace braid, then just lace-up your standard three-strand braid with a satin ribbon. Pretty and cute too.
34. Sweet Pull-Through
A messy pulled-through braided ponytail that you can easily do.
35. Casual Two-Toned Multi Braids
If you have great soft curls, then you don’t need to do much here. Braid hair from the sides and top and gather in a high ponytail
36. Romantic Loose Single Braid
Not a braided ponytail, but something similarly easy-to-do.
37. Beautiful Messy Fishtail in Pink and Indigo Balayage
We have all the great braids and colors with this ultra-fashionable style.
38. Two-toned Messy Braids Tied in a High Ponytail
Play-up the tone-toned hair color in blonde and dirty ash with this casual loose braid all tied up in a high ponytail. The style is versatile as you can go from Sunday brunch to evening with minimum fuss.
39.Fishtail and Three-Strand Braids in Dual Tones
If you are up for some complicated but pretty braiding, go two-for-two. Two kinds of braids with two-tones of color.
40. Loose and Messy Single Braid with a Low Ponytail
Spice up your ultra-long hair with this fashionable but flirtatious messy braid.
A versatile pulled-through braided ponytail that you can change in the middle-of-the-day.
42. Traditional High Fishtail for Cool Blonde Hair
Something simple and traditional.
43. Romantic Big and Loose Feather Braids
Let your big and loose feather braids hang loosely before letting them lie softly as a messy ponytail
44. Single Braid with Soft Curly Edges
A perfect bridal hairdo – whether you are the bride or a bridesmaid.
45. Big and Micro Dual Style Braids
If you want two types of braids, then go for it!
46. Ultra-Long Loose Dutch Braid and Ponytail
A braided ponytail that starts with a single loose top Dutch braid before being gathered together in a loose ponytail
47. Chic and Elegant Pulled-Through and Fishtail Braids
Perfect for a cosmopolitan bride. A dual-style braid incorporating a pulled0through before finishing with a fishtail
48. Modern French Braids
This style is not your traditional sleek French braid. It’s a mic and match of milkmaid and ponytail pigtails – somehow they all work well together.
49. Chic Cornrows and an Angled Top Bun
Eye-catching and beautiful cornrows become chicer gathered in an angled top knot.
50. Sleek and Braided
A regal look that works well with long black hair.
51.Mix and Match Braids
Gather all your braids, no matter the style. you have lace and lattice braids, feather braids, and the traditional 3-strand.
52. Elegant high Ponytail with Braided Pull-Through and Twist
Gather hair in a high ponytail and then braid using a mix of twist and pull-through braids.
53. Romantic Lace and Lattice
Bring out the Renaissance lady in you with a full lattice and lace.
54. Punky Fishtail and Twisted Braid
Something sweet but radical sweet.
55. Beautiful and Romantic Loose Side Braid
A soft romantic style for the bride in you.
56. Biker Fishtail in a High Ponytail
Bring out the biker chick in you.
57. Soft and Sweet Crown Side Braid
Enjoy this braided ponytail that is both sweet and cute. Let hair hang loosely from the ponytail
58. Elegant Cornrows Fit for a Queen
Complete your cornrows with a tight braid.
59. Casual Chic in a High ponytail and Big Braid
Great for a casual and relaxed weekend.
60. Beautiful Flaming Red Hair in a Loose Dutch Braid
The color is amazing, and the Dutch braid that ends in a loosely gathered ponytail is perfect.
61. Sweet Heart-Shaped Braids
Something sweet for the inner child in us.
Use a feather braid style at the side of your hair before gathering in a ponytail and then loosely braiding a strand.
63. Mini Dutch Side Braid in a High Ponytail
This style is a braided ponytail that begins with a mini side braid and ends with an over knotted ponytail placed high on the back.
64. Slicked back Single Dutch Braid
Something simple for the red carpet or an evening out with friends.
65. Pretty Side Braids
Mix and match with a simple fishtail and then a tight strand braided hair.
Mix and match your twist braids and your ponytails for this amazing hairstyle. Release the diva in you. They will never forget this style.
67. Soft and Romantic Side Fishtail and One-Sided Ponytail
Make an innocent and charming look with a loose side fishtail that goes until the very edge. however, for a softer finish, gather all the hair together in a one-sided ponytail.
68. Charming Bridal Side with Floral Accents
A bewitching bride that can make love bloom begins with a soft side braid, and then the hair is gathered together in a soft low ponytail. Thread through floral accents for a bridal finish.
69. Rocker Chic in Mixed Pulled-through and Fishtail Braids
Bring out the rebel in you with this mixed braided style before gathering everything in a loose ponytail.
70. Beautiful Dainty Waterfall Braids
Not a braided ponytail, but it’s too charming not to include in our list. Something sweet and dainty for everyone.
71. Pulled-Through Braids with Dark Roots
If you are growing out color, a braided ponytail is a great fashionable solution.
72. Pull-through Braid with Loose Three-Strand in Dual Combination
Elegant and stylish, this dual combination makes use of two types of braids. Tie them all up together in a fashionable ponytail that is high in style and color.
73. Contemporary Big and Loose Crown
There is nothing traditional with this hairstyle. Braids are loose and big. Add in warm blonde hair color with lighter blonde highlights. Young and vibrant, it’s both big in style and chic.
74. Casual and Easy Loose French Braid
If you want minimal fuss when fixing your hair, opt for this loose French braid and gather everything together in a casual ponytail
75. All the Great Braids
We have a quasi-waterfall that is a side strand braid that becomes a big Dutch braid. But it’s not over. You have your circles and curves too.
76. Big Fishtail and High Ponytail
Something casual and easy-to-do during lazy hair days.
77. Double Pulled-Through Braids and Ponytails
A charming braided ponytail that begins with two pulled through braids that end in double ponytails.
Evergreen Havana Twists [Discover the 123 Styles]
78. Feminine Side Braid in a Loose Ponytail
Something sweet and easy-maintenance.
79. Cute Big Double Fishtail
No ponytails here, just two big fishtail braids. So gather up all your hair for this cute and pretty style.
80.Trendy and Chic Three-Strand Braids in High Ponytail
Great for two-toned hair that plays up the colors.
81. Stunning Cornrows in a Big Top Knot
Attention-grabbing that is both big in style and bun.
82. Single Medium Dutch Style
Gracefully letting your hair down – a perfect bridal style.
83. Loose Top
Something nice and simple but big in style.
84. Big Pulled-Through Braids and Low Ponytail
Pulled-through braids are gathered from the side and then in the middle for a low-hanging ponytail.
85. Casual French Braid that is High in Style
If you want a French braid but don’t want the pulled look, then begin with a loose braid before letting the mid part loose in a ponytail
86. Winsome and Romantic Traditional Braid
You will love this braided ponytail that is both charming and feminine.
87. Stylish Single Mini Braid in a High Ponytail
A fashionable braided ponytail that focuses on a single simple braid. All the hair is gathered in a high ponytail.
88. Sweet Heart-Shaped Mini Three-Strands
It’s a darling hairstyle, but you will definitely need an extra pair of hands. Pretty and sweet that is perfect for a fairytale setting or a princess or both.
89. Elegant Side Fishtail in a One-Sided Ponytail
Perfect for an evening long. Turn a one-sided ponytail to something more elegant and alluring by starting as a mini side fishtail. Enjoy the sleek and polish with added highlight.
90. Chic Two-Toned Loose French Braid
Playful but supremely chic and trendy.
91. Romantic and Charming
End with a one-sided ponytail to make the style more eye-catching.
92. Loose and Soft Pulled-Through Ponytail
Soften the look by letting the ponytail hang loose and free.
93. Doble the Braids and Double the Fun
Two braids equal two ponytails for a delightfully sweet and pretty look.
94. Stylish Accent With Lattice
A stunning combination that is very memorable.
95. Double Braids for Blonde Highlights
Casual chic means more time for fun.
96. One-Sided Elegant French Braid
Walk the red carpet or not, French braids are always awesome.
97. Stunning Dutch Braids in Blonde Balayage
Both the color and the style complement each other.
A crown braid ends in a soft ponytail
99. Eye-Catching Loose Fishtail in Multiple Pink Hues
All the pretty colors are matched in a loose and feminine fishtail
100. Beautiful Cornrows and Twists
You have two kinds of styling – a protected style to take care of young hair and big style with a mix and match.
101. Warm Blonde Hair in Easy Pull-through Braided Ponytail
Dress up your ponytail with a loose pull0through braid that can go relaxed and effortless to biker chick cool.
102. Two-Toned Lace Braids
Be a bit staider and traditional with lace and lattice braids but enjoy the play with two-toned blonde colors. Gather the braids in a twist and let the soft curls fall in a ponytail. Perfect for evening events.
103. Adorable Soft
Gentle curls complete this romantic look.
104. Easy Single Tied-Up Fishtail
A lovely style for both girls and women.
105.Soft and Sweet Romantic Braid in Loose Ponytail
Bridal beauty made easy.
106. Arctic Blonde Fishtail
You can wear this braided ponytail two ways – with your ponytail all loose and hanging free or loosely knotted.
107.Old Rose and Soft Indigo Mini Braids
The style is all about color, the mini braids shaped into rosettes add a charming accent.
108. Slicked Back Twisted Braid
Sleek and shiny before finishing off in a twist braid.
109. Flirtatious Side Braid in a Soft Loose Ponytail
Another bridal style you can choose.
110. Make Mine Milk Maid!
Not really a traditional milkmaid braid, but this braided ponytail is charming and cute.
111. Stunning Tight Mini Feather Braids in a High Ponytail
Soft curls fall gently with this braided ponytail style.
112. Eye-Catching Mini Dutch Braids in Rocker Knot
Biker chic braided ponytail that you should try out.
113. Sweet and traditional Fishtail for Ice Blonde Hair
Pretty enough to melt the ice.
114. Charming Ponytail
A beautiful style that is easier than it looks.
115. All the Right and Beautiful Braids
Another mix and match that ends with a high ponytail.
116. Pretty and Alluring Big Ponytail
Another style that can take you from casual Saturdays to bridal Sundays.
117. Reverse Braid in Honey Blonde
A reverse braided ponytail that ends in a high note and knot.
118. Stunning Ponytail for Tight Curly Hair
Oh la la la! Such a grand style befitting a majestic woman.
119. Loose and Gentle French Braids
A perfect style for garden weddings or a romantic bride.
120. Elegant Sleek Ponytail
Hair is slicked back, and then the ponytail is tied in increments.