Caramel balayage is a spectacular hair color and style as far as hair trends go. The various caramel nuances are romantic, vibrant and mysterious at the same time. Hairstylists recommend a mix of browns, cinnamon, copper, reddish brown, caramel blonde and honey blonde.
Balayage and shadow root are two hair coloring techniques that still remain in trends. In fact, balayage occupies the first place among this season’s preferences. If it’s combined with shades of caramel, then it’s even more fashionable at the moment.
If so far, hairstylists were crazy about using strong, contrasting colors for balayage hair, they are now more focused on less obvious differences between the roots and the length of the hair. And, because caramel is a warm color, it tends to be the star.
In addition, balayage hair is easy to maintain and is ideal for people who need to keep their roots dark and contour their faces with highlights.
- Warm shades of caramel added to dark brown hair
2. Oval face contoured with the help of caramel blonde highlights
3. An obvious balayage done with ashy or cold tones
4. Caramel base continued with warm highlights on short to medium hair
5. Wavy hair shines thanks to a warm caramel color
6. Celebrity style features caramel balayage and a side braid
7. Dark hair evolves into a mesmerizing waterfall of caramel shades
8. Hairstyle gains more depth with the help of a multi-coloring technique
9. The accent falls in the frontal side, softening the model’s face features
10. Color contrasts are almost non-existent with this hairstyle
Caramel Hair for a Younger You
Caramel-colored hair is not a novelty. However, it has just gained the popularity it really deserves. If some Hollywood starts were already fans of this hair color, such as Jennifer Lopez, other stars seem to have fallen in love with the warm tones of the caramel tint just now.
A balanced combination of blonde and golden brown, caramel is the ideal hair color for women who want to wipe off a few years off their faces. It is a light shade that highlights the skin and adds brilliance.
Moreover, it fits perfectly in case you have dark hair and you want to make a change that rejuvenates you, without affecting your hair’s health. Unlike light blonde hair, which involves aggressive hair bleaching, caramel allows you to have a lighter hair color, but without the harmful effects caused by the bleaching substance.
If you want to keep your hair dark, whether it’s black, brown or chocolate, caramel highlights are also a major trend that will help you get those delicate tones that give your face the needed brightness. The most popular technique in this regard is the balayage technique.
11. Shades of darker caramel chosen for the back
12. Messy bob hairstyle with bangs nicely highlighted with caramel balayage
13. Gradient color usage from dark roots to very light strands of hair
14. Going from ombre hair with shades of reddish brown to caramel balayage
15. Caramel colors used to soften a very dark natural hair shade
16. Long, wavy hair looks more textured with light-colored strands
17. Natural and rejuvenated look achieved with shades of caramel brown
18. The difference a few highlights can make for one’s hairstyle
19. Half updo shows the wonders of the balayage coloring technique
20. Matte and damaged hair needed a refreshing dye job
Hair Coloring Tendencies – Caramel Balayage
As you may already know, the balayage technique involves having dark roots, which gradually become lighter. However, it’s not like the ombre technique where the highlights don’t merge with the sub-tones. It’s different in the way that every hair strand is properly dyed in order to obtain excellent results in contouring, hair texture and overall naturalness.
Professional hairstylists use the balayage technique together with other subtle changes in order to obtain the best caramel hair style. For example, tiger eye is an ultra-modern hair dyeing technique. It is characterized by the transition between brown tones and warm tones of gold and caramel. The result really looks like the semi-precious stone tiger eye, which is easy to mistake with balayage.
Moreover, the tiger eye technique is more suitable for women with dark black hair and dark skin. The result of this type of hair coloring is a contrasting effect because the difference in shades come with 2 to 3 tones. You’d love this combination because it is incredibly beautiful to have caramel highlights and chocolate browns in your hair.
Another similar hair dyeing technique to the balayage technique that results in caramel balayage if done right is the air touch technique. This one was invented by Vladimir Sarbashev, a Russian hairstylist. He didn’t make things easy for hairdressers, but he found a hair coloring method that has no age limits, it doesn’t damage the hair, it confers a visual increase in volume and it lasts longer than other dye jobs.
The secret of the air touch technique is that before applying hair dye, the hair is divided in multiple strands and blow-dried half way. It’s the blow-dried strands that are colored. Mostly suited for blondes, the result of this technique doesn’t involve much maintenance. A visit to the salon is required every 4 to 5 months.
21. Caramel balayage done by applying the tiger eye technique
22. Caramel highlights can be added on curly hair as well
23. Medium bob hairstyle enriched with caramel shades
24. Certain hair strands are 2 or more tones lighter than before
25. Ombre hair or a grown balayage hairstyle with caramel blonde tones
26. Thick, wavy and healthy hair shines thanks to proper caramel highlights
27. Pretty Little Liars star sporting caramel balayage hair at a red carpet event
28. Hair colored depending on length, texture and physiognomy
29. The brightest hair strands are those from the sides
30. Warm caramel shades can be combined with black natural hair
Caramel balayage is characterized by multiple layers, among which the roots are dark and the hair’s length is dye in lighter shades. This confers brightness to one’s hair and is recommended for women with darker skin tones. When hair is dyed properly, the result will be an incredible game of colors, transitions and even volume. However, you must take into consideration the fact that this option requires a permanent and detailed maintenance.
Caramel balayage is great for those of you who want to refresh your dark hair, add volume, density and a nice shine as well. The contrasting effect is obtained by bleaching a few hair strands. This is usually done with mild hair dye, which does not damage the hair and contains natural ingredients only. This technique is applied in case of a light retouch and care.
The caramel shades used on one’s hair can play another role than the usual ones, namely to contour the face. Makeup is not the only way to contour your face anymore. Now stylists use hair colors to confer a nice shape for your nose, to make your cheekbones appear smaller and correct the shape of your forehead. The principals are the same as in case of makeup; the highlights will help certain areas draw attention, while the low-lights will hide certain areas. For example, caramel highlights around the face will add a touch of tenderness to your hairstyle.
31. Black hair refreshed with a few highlights done on the tips
32. Reddish brown and caramel shades added to dark hair
33. Warm caramel tones can merge nicely with reddish brown and chocolate
34. Long hair just became interesting with waves, texture and highlights
35. Daylight is hair color’s most feared element if not done right
36. Caramel is just one of the many hair shades used for this caramel balayage
37. Highlights and low-lights are equally important for such hairstyle
38. The contouring technique applied in the front
39. Subtle strands of hair were dye in dark caramel shades
40. Dark brown hair appears to have more volume and texture with caramel strands
Caramel Iced Latte – A Drink and a Hair Color
Caramel ice latte is one of our favorite drinks in the warm season. However, as it follows, we will not talk about the beverage, but about the hair color inspired by the shades and textures of the latte with caramel and ice. Although this is not the first hue of hair inspired by the beverages we drink every day (see pink champagne hair, milkshake hair, and so on), ice caramel latte is remarkable because it is very versatile. It can be easily achieved, but also changed (if you get bored quickly).
If you are a brunette and you are tired of your hair color, we have good news for you! You can get a unique look this summer to attract all the looks without completely changing your hair shade. Iced caramel latte adds brilliance, volume and highlights your features.
41. Chocolate browns descend into warm shades of caramel
42. Balayage caramel or the tiger eye hair with subtle differences
43. Going from warm caramel blonde to ashy tones in one sitting
44. Easy to maintain hairstyle with dark roots and properly placed highlights
45. Caramel colors can be combined with orange shades and pink shades
46. Braiding caramel balayage hair can have spectacular results
47. Warm blonde tones, honey, caramel and chocolate all meet on hair
48. A multitude of caramel shades mixed with natural hair colors
49. Ashy finish for a caramel balayage hairstyle
50. Manually picked strands of hair have the desired effect
Choose the Right Shade of Caramel for You
Before we blindly obey to hair tendencies, it is advisable to choose that hair color that highlights our features, which benefits us.
Face features, eye color and skin pigment are the first factors to take into account when you’re trying to get the right shade. A light skin tone would be flattered by light blonde shades in warm tones.
People who have pale skin, with blue eyes, would look best with a northern blonde shade on their hair. This type of blonde is not suitable for everyone because it comes with the risk of making them look older and have edgier features. Besides, it would make us always wear makeup.
For dark, green eyes, the most suitable choice would be a cold brown or a beige blonde nuance, which will also highlight the color of one’s eyes. The chocolates and caramel shades part of this season’s trends fit marvelously with dark brown eyes.
51. Curls have a major effect in the end result of a dye job
52. Subtle hair color changes that benefit a dark haired woman
53. Reddish browns merge nicely with shades of caramel
54. A game of colors and dyeing techniques only professionals play
55. Gradient colors start from black and end with white
56. Natural blondes can benefit from a caramel balayage
57. Browns become caramels in a smooth color transition made on hair
58. Dark hair just became softer thanks to subtle color changes
59. Ombre hair easily mistaken with balayage hair
60. The effect of sun kissed hair obtained in a beauty salon
Match Your Hair Color With Your Attitude
What a hairstylist has revealed to us and delighted us with is that the color of the hair must be matched with something. Well, it does not necessarily have to match the lipstick, scarf or other accessory, but your attitude.
A hair color worn without the proper attitude is like a frame without a picture. Attitude is that element that puts even more color in your hair. That’s why, the color and the haircut must be in line with one’s attitude.
For example, a nice woman might be prone to choosing just one hair color, generally preferring caramel, caramel blonde, honey, reddish browns, all these in order to have an angelic look. A more glamorous woman is usually up to date with the hair trends and will opt for a caramel balayage or something close to it.
So, don’t go asking for a caramel balayage just because it’s trendy, but because it suits you and your style without making an extra effort.
61. Caramel shade chosen according to skin tone
62. Balayage is a hair coloring technique that imitates naturalness
63. Honey blonde with caramel base and low lights
64. Wavy bob hairstyle with caramel nuances meant as highlights
65. Contouring with hair colors can be noticed around her face
66. Warm shades of blonde and brown mixed together with professional skills
67. Hair strands that look discolored by the sun
68. Boring black hair can become a moving attraction with caramel strands
69. Caramel balayage obtained by using multiple shades of caramel, blonde and brown
70. Dark hair become softer, bouncier and shinier just by adding caramel highlights
71. Face contouring turns up amazing with caramel browns around the face
72. Colors that complete each other and confer dynamism to any type of hair
73. Highlights and low-lights carefully chosen for the desired effect
74. Dark hair becomes nicer to look at when it is softened with color
75. Almost no commitment is involved with caramel balayage hair
76. Medium long hair styled with waves and caramel highlights
77. Lighter shades needed around the face for contouring
78. Gold, orange, caramel and reddish browns mixed together for this hairstyle
79. Cold base and sub-tones covered by warm tips
80. Long hair styled with loose curls for better color merging
81. Highlights added where there are strictly necessary
82. Who thought that rose and caramel are shades that go well together?
83. A simple, asymmetrical bob with caramel highlights
84. Everything about this caramel balayage is warm and youthful
85. Properly dyed hair keeps the same effect when styled half up
86. Barely colored hair looks more natural than you’d think
87. Warm highlights needed around the face for a fresh look
88. Brown hair needs a little help with sun kissed or artificially colored strands
89. Shininess kept for dyed hair tips as well
90. Caramel shades added as transition between dark and light colors
91. The accent falls on warm hair colors that make the hair shine
92. Red brown highlights are the most noticeable in this hairstyle
93. Thin highlights are characteristic to the balayage technique
94. A line bob styled with lighter shades of brown and blonde
95. Thin hair can look thick thanks to proper high and low lights
96. Dyeing thin strands of hair is part of the secret
97. Carefully chosen colors go very well together
Caramel balayage can do so much good to your hair as long as it’s done by a professional. As you’ve seen, each example looks like it’s personalized and that there is no standard hair dyeing method for everybody. A hairstylist can refresh your hair with a caramel balayage, but at the same time he or she can use other techniques meant to boost your appearance. That’s why you might be confused which technique is which. What’s important is that you can find inspiration in the pictures above and tell a skilled stylist what you want.
The same goes with the color itself, because there is no caramel hair shade or dye that fits everybody. Your skin tone and the natural color of your hair are important factors. Even so, you don’t have to get discouraged. On the contrary, pick an idea and visit the hairdresser with confidence and enthusiasms that you will look better, rejuvenated, playful and more full of life than before!